Tuesday, January 1, 2008

NEW YEAR - NEW SKETCHBOOK


Happy New Year! 
I think this past year was the first year I was actually able to make it to a New Years Part. Thanks to Matt and co. for hosting a kick ass party. I hope I get some of the pics from last night.
The new year means something else for me. A new sketchbook. I love documenting my life. I guess that is what I take so many pictures and started the blog. I like chronicling my life and being able to look back. So part of that means my sketchbooks. I am able to look back at my drawings and remember what inspired them, where I drew them and how I felt. So the first item that I have purchased for 2008 is a new sketchbook. My last one lasted three plus years. Hopefully I will have more time to draw and this one will fill up a little quicker.

Also, the best sports story of this past week are the Washington Redskins. The team suffered through the tragic murder of one of their best players - defensive back Sean Taylor. Facing that traumatic event they went on to lose to the Buffalo Bills (The Bills had also suffered their own pain when one of their players - Kevin Everett - was paralyzed making a tackle in their first game of the season). It looked like any hope of making the playoffs where over for the Redskins. But someway somehow they rallied around the memory of their fallen teammate and won their last 3 games. They won their last game to clinch a playoff spot. They won by 21 points. Sean Taylor's number - 21. Go 'Skins.

No comments:

Post a Comment