Sunday, December 30, 2007

carne asada fries and concrete...

So I hung out with Amber pants and may I say that I enjoy driving to Redondo Beach and hanging out with her in her bad ass home. However, what made this trip extra special was out trip to a mexican place. After ordering I noticed a sign below the regular menu that read: "Carne Asada Fries". I read the menu item out loud and after about 5 seconds of deliberation we order carne asada fries. The problem is we didn't know what the hell they were. I concluded that carne asada fries were little more then "steak fries". I was wrong. Carne Asada Fries are regular fries put in a foil pan. covered with massive amounts of carne asada covered in globs of melted cheese. Sound delicious. It is! Until it sits in your stomach fro a while and you feel absolutely disgusting. 

Lastly, I have a bad contusion and sprained right elbow. Here is what happened. I was going to jump this small piece barrier on the way back to my apartment. I could have walked around it but I have jumped over it several times and figured it would be no big deal. However, this time as soon as I got off the ground I thought, "oh crap I didn't get enough air". 
I braced myself for what was to come. My left foot clipped the top of the barrier and I went down like a pile of bricks. My face hit the ground first, then my right side, then my arms skidded on the concrete. The bottle of water I was holding went flying. I had the wind knocked out of me, and I thought I had broken my ribs. But at least I was still conscious after hitting my head. 
The next thing I heard was "here you go". It was a four year old girl who picked up my water bottle and was handing it back to me as I laid face first on the ground. Her mom came up to me and asked me if I was OK. I said, "yes, I'm fine. Thank you for my water".
Then the mom asked me, "where you trying to jump over this?" 
"Yea. I was"
"Oh," she replied.
I felt embarrassed but aside from a few bruises and scrapes I was alright, or so I thought.After a shower my right arm tightened up and I could no longer straighten it or bend it past a 90 degree angle. I now couldn't hold anything with my hand and my elbow hurt like a bastard. After a trip to the doctor (thanks to Stephen for helping me find one who would use take Blue Cross) and a few x-rays I was told that I had a really bad contusion and an elbow sprain.

This is not my first run in with concrete. I first fought with concrete a few years back in Santa Barbara when I tried to mimick The Superkick, a move used by my favorite wrestler Shawn Michaels. The first attempt to do a superkick had been successful. The second, not so much. I put was to much forward momentum into the kick lifted off the ground and came crashing down on my side. Then I bounced. Thats right - I hit the ground so hard that I freakin' bounced. In short, in the battle between human bodies and concrete: concrete is undefeated. A lesson I soon wont forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment