Thursday, June 3, 2010

Things I Didn't Think I'd Hear and One Hit Wonders...

I have a new running theme that I look forward to each day. I wait to hear the most absurd comment that there is no way I could have guessed I would have heard when I woke up that morning. For example, yesterdays winner:

"I don't kid around when it comes to hand jobs." There is no way I could have guessed anyone would have told me that yesterday and that it would have made perfect sense. I am going to try to keep track of these and share them as good ones come along.

Also yesterday I was driving in my car and I heard the song Crush by Jennifer Paige. First thoughts, "holy crap. It has been YEARS since I have heard this song." I felt like I was in some kind of weird time machine. The only question was, how far back in time did I travel. Well crush came out in 1998 which puts me at the ripe old age of 15. Listening to this song also made me think, are there anymore One Hit Wonders? I feel like if you have one hit song now you are guaranteed at least one more because radio stations or MTV will just shove the music and the artist it down your throat. There is no way Jennifer Paige is just a one hit wonder if she comes out in 2007 or 2008. She has at least another hit and then a moderate hit on a second album right. Maybe she gets hooked up with rapper and parlays that into a fourth top 40 song. I'm just saying - is she any worse than the other pop acts we have now? No - but some how these people hang around like a bad case of herpes.

It's incredible to me that in an age were music is so disposable the artist aren't. Pop artist just keep hanging around and hanging around and hanging around. Ms. Paige you were just a few years too soon or you could have had a career spanning atleast a couple of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment