Saturday, June 12, 2010

Krispy Kreme

Last week I went to Krispy Kreme and picked up 15 dozes donuts (don't ask). However, I have noticed something about going to Krispy Kreme. Nobody is happy to work there. It's the strangest thing in the world. You have all these beautiful pastries. It smells like a dream. Everyone is in white. And yet, when you look at the employees they are just dead behind the eyes. Thy look like they want to put their head in that little oven conveyor belt thing. Everyone looks like they are indentured servants. I just imagine them sleeping in the store and never being allowed to leave. I'm not kidding. Whenever I walk in there I feel like I should refer my cashier to the suicide help hotline.
I have only seen Krispy Kreme employees happy ONCE! I was ordering 20 dozen donuts and a FORMER employee came in. I got completely ignored midway through my order and everyone came from behind the counter and mobbed this woman. The smiles on their faces were from ear to ear. I can't even do the smiles justice. They were giddy. It was the kind of giddiness that little kids get on Christmas morning. They went up to her and hugged her, kissed her on the cheek and just chatted it up while I just stood there watching. They looked at her as if to say, "oh my God, how did you escape. Why are you risking it by coming back her. But while you are here tell us how you managed to get out of here! Quick! The person keeping us here went out for a smoke..."

1 comment:

  1. This is SO true. I admit I'm there too often. Every location, same story.

    ReplyDelete