Sunday, May 2, 2010

This is Why...


Why are my beloved Dodgers in such bad shape? Why are the struggling at every turn? I have the answer. Driving out of LA on 5 freeway and I saw this. I was in fucking shock!!!
Over the last month I have been trying to decide which is the more embarrassing association I have in my life: being a catholic or being a Dodger fan? Well this made my decision easy - being a Dodger fan.

Why in God's good name would the advertising team ever - I mean EVER - allow Justin fucking Beiber to be part of the marketing campaign for one of the greatest and most storied baseball franchises in history. He is fucking 15 and Canadian. Has he ever been to a baseball game? This is a million times worse than the Angels decision to let a monkey be the face of their franchise for 10 years! Seriously, a monkey was a better marketing decision than this!

Frank McCourt has got to be the worst owner in all of sports. He can't afford a decent veteran starter but he hires staff who will sign off on this kind of bullshit pandering.

And who is this kind of advertising meant for? Have the people who decided this was a good idea ever gone to a Dodger game. Look at your fans for Christ's sake. How many of the bald dudes, with Raider tattoos and wearing loc sunglasses are buying Justin Beiber albums? How many of the middle aged Jewish men who go to games have "Beiber fever"?

The Dodgers - dare I say it - are doomed. At least until that billboard comes down.

No comments:

Post a Comment