Thursday, May 6, 2010

80s Night...

Tonight was a surreal experience. I went out to put gas in my car and go grocery shopping. I pull into the ARCO station and as I open the door and put my foot out of the car the first guitar licks from ZZ Top's Sharp Dressed man played. Freaking awesome. It was like I was in a movie. A comedy, of course. No better comedic timing than having a guy in gym shorts and a white shirt get out of his car while Sharp Dressed Man is playing.


Fast forward to the checkout counter at the Grocery Store. The checkout woman, who looks like she is maybe in her late twenties asks me what I am listening to. I tell her I am listening to a news podcast. She looks at me and says, "you mean you're not listening to My Girl Wants to Party All the Time by Eddie Murphy. Thats my favorite song of all time."

Thats right. Her favorite song of all time is Part All the Time by Eddie Murphy. Awesome. She told me that it always makes her want to dance and she can't be in a bad mood when she hears it. My friends, please enjoy Mr. Murphy at the peak of his musical powers (notice the cameo by Rick James). One of the best worst music videos ever. I love how psyched everyone gets over Eddie's vocals stating at the 2:50 mark.

2 comments:

  1. Please don't fail me-- tell me you got a number!

    ReplyDelete
  2. makes me want to watch "Delirious" circa 1983

    ReplyDelete