Sunday, May 9, 2010

Random Thoughts...


1. Iron Man 2 is a good movie. I was nervous this weekend when I saw some friends say that they thought it was just an OK movie. But I went to go see it Sunday morning and I sat there waiting to be disappointed. I absolutely loved the first 45 minutes of the movie, and the rest of it too of course, but especially the first 45 minutes. I am not usually a summer blockbuster person, and I am usually disappointed by comic book movies. Plus, I was super afraid of Micky Rourke going over the top playing a Russian villain, but I thought this sequel was pulled off really well. Great actors, a lot of laughs and the action sequences were cool without dragging on forever (which is a pet peeve of mine).

2. I love Kevin Smith. I just love listening to hear him talk. The next time he is anywhere in Southern California giving one of his lectures I am there.

3. What is wrong with Brett Michaels. I felt bad a couple of weeks ago because after learning that he suffered a brain hemorrhage I made a "every rose has its thorn jokes." Everyone looked at me like was an a-hole, which was the correct response. But then I see a People Magazine at the grocery store and I see this picture...
I look at the inset picture (the one taken in the hospital) and all I could think was, "what the f***? Are you serious? Even after a brain hemorage this dude still rocking a bandana?" Does he really think he is fooling any of us into thinking he isn't bald. And by the way, even if he is concerned with people seeing he is going bald, you can give it a rest after you almost died. You should really just be focused on your health at that point. I'm just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment