Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Life Is Hard...

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride!'

I have never really understood that quote. It always seemed too happy. Who has the time to eat chocolate? Who has the time to drink wine? I dont really like wine. I always picture people with this outlook as folks with the time and the money to enjoy their lives. I don't have that luxury. Life, for me, isn't a fun ride. I wont be screaming "woo hoo" anytime soon. I got bills to pay, loans, insurance. I have to work. My motto isn't as cheery as the one above but I like it:

Life is a fight. Some rounds you win, some rounds you lose. But at the end of the day what matters is that you are willing to get off your stool and answer the bell.

I think life is hard. Life is filled with turmoil, hardship, challenges, and disappointments. Life is hard work. The easy thing to do is to give up. The easiest thing to do is just stay in bed. But I believe that the fighting spirit is something that is at the heart of life. It's the ability to get out of bed knowing you are going to have a bad day. Its getting up when you have been knocked down. It's putting your head down knowing that whatever this world dishes out you are just going to take it and keep moving forward. Thats what life is. It's about being willing to fight back against a harsh world. I hope I don't come off sounding as negative. That not my intention. My intention is to highlight the incredible fighting spirit of humanity and our willingness to prevail in spite of all the challenges that are put infront of us.


No comments:

Post a Comment