Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Why Jack N Box is Open 24 Hours...

It's the Holiday Season which brings me to a topic that always comes around during this time of year... fast food drive-thru hours. I was driving with a friend when they noticed that Jack N Box would be open 24 hours on Christmas Eve, Christmas, and New Years Eve. He couldn't understand why. So I offered an explanation.
24 hour drive-thru windows over the holidays are meant for sad pathetic families whose Christmas and New Years will turn into a disaster. I can't tell you the number of times that my family has had to retreat to the sanctuary of a fast food drive-thru after some family member's drug and alcohol induced meltdown ruins the holiday dinner for everyone.
And while I thank drive-thrus for being there for me and my family after these traumatic gatherings, it really is insult to injury. Because nothing says 'your family is a fucking mess' like coming home with a bag of McDonald's while everyone else's family somehow manages to have a functional Christmas dinner.

1 comment: