Thursday, November 12, 2009

Before My Time...

Last week an employee of mine was reading a note written by a fellow employee. She read the following:
What would you do if sang out of tune
would you stand up and walk out on me
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song
I will try not sing out of key

at that point she stopped and looked around the room to the other twenty-two people in the room and asked, "is this a song?"
I erupted, "are you kidding me, please tell me your kidding me." Then another supervisor looked at me and said, "relax. It was before her time." That is really a horrible excuse. Forget the fact that I Get By With a Little Helpful From My Friends is a classic. The excuse is just horrible. According to that argument Harry Potter is what should be read in literature classes, to hell with that old fart Shakespeare. World War II? That was so yesterday. I just wish young people (who have history at their fingertips I might add) had a little appreciation for the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment