Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Under the Weather...

Feeling a little sick - but I am coming out of it.

While my head is clear let me say the following:

1. Happy Birthday to Sesame Street. It's their 40th birthday. Kermit, Bert, Ernie, Cookie Monster, the Count, Snuffie, Big Bird, Elmo, Oscar the Grouch. All of them are amazing and a big part of my childhood.

2. Game 6 of the World Series tonight is going to be great. If the Phillies force a game 7 it will make this an unbelievably great series (regardless of the outcome). Plus, it will give Pedro Martinez one more chance to horrify Yankee fans. If the Yankees win it was an OK series. But it will be remembered because it will mean the Yankees will have won their 27th world title in the first year of New Yankee Stadium. Plus, they get to do it by beating arch nemesis Pedro Martinez. MVP honors should go to Chase Utley or Mariano Rivera - anyone else would be ridiculous.

3. Stop it facebook!!! Since the redesign of the site (and i feel like facebook changes its layout as often as my mother moves her living room furniture - which is to say every two weeks) I keep getting "suggestions" of people I should talk to. Hey! Listen up facebook, stop bothering me. I will write on someone's wall when I have something to say to them. Don't suggest anything to me. Maybe there is a reason why I don't talk to some of my online "friends". Which, by the way, is the reason I like Twitter's classification of "followers". Half the people on facebook are not my actual "friends" they are people I felt obliged to add or am stalking. "Followers" is a more accurate description of what i do through social networking sites. I follow people. Some may say "stalk" but "following" is nicer because it doest have any of those creepy/illegal connotations. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment