Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Bugs, Street Names and Coffee Mugs...

Well, I knew I would eventually run into something about the apartment that would be a negative. Bugs love coming into my apartment. Not big bugs, just small little critters that can get through the screens on the windows and sliding glass doors. Its not too bad though. There are only a few of them and they are easy to get rid of. However, ants are a different story. I think ants were already here when I moved in because any crumb of food attracted them. So I have gone on the offensive in trying to take these suckers out. I just guess I am going to be extra careful to be a neat freak in the kitchen. Which is a good thing.

I love one thing about La Jolla, the street signs are HUGE. No more squinting or waiting to the last second to see the name of the street coming up. The signs are big and so are the fonts. HOWEVER, every other freaking street here is "La Jolla something". Dont believe me:

La Jolla Village Drive
Villa La Jolla Drive
La Jolla Scenic Drive
La Jolla Shore Drive
La Jolla Parkway

OK. ENOUGH! I GET IT! I live in La Jolla. And these arent streets that turn into one another, these are separate and unique roads. It is going to be a pain in the ass trying to give directions while not confusing people. "right onto La Jolla Village Drive, then a right on Villa La Jolla Drive but if you hit La Jolla Shore Drive you have gone to far." Hey La Jolla you are defeating the purpose of big clear street signs if all your streets are practically named the same thing!!!

Coffee mugs. I like them. Problem is I dont like coffee. I like the look and the feel of a coffee mug. I would like to use my USC, UCSB or Wake Forrest coffe mug (btw, why hasn't UCSD
given me a free coffee mug yet?). But I dont drink coffee. I want to use a coffee mug. it looks so adult/professional. Put a coffee mug in the hand of a baby and you know that is a baby with places to go and things to do! Coffee mugs say, "I mean business". Any ideas what kind of tasty beverage I can put in there instead of coffee???

1 comment:

  1. When its cold I make hot chocolate or tea. I am not a fan of coffee either. Blah! If its hot, some juice or soda. No one needs to know what you are drinking. :)

    ReplyDelete