Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oscar Picks

I went 5 of 6 last year. lets see how I do this year:

Best supporting actor: Heath Ledger (The Dark Knight). (side note -what is Philip Seyour Hoffman doing in this category. He was a lead actor, not supporting actor, in Doubt. The man should be up for another best actor award.)

Best supporting actress: this is easily the hardest of the categories because there are three viable nominees. I will go with Penelope Cruz (Vicky Cristina Barcelona)

Best Actress: I am going upset and picking Meryl Streep. I will have to walk out of the room if Kate Winslet wins (please refer back to my Kate Winslet rant from a month ago). Also dont be surprised if somehow Melissa Leo (who?) ends up winning this race.

Best Actor: Mickey Rourke. but I wouldn't be surprised if Sean Penn won.

Best Picture: Slumdog Millionaire seems like the obvious choice so I will go with that. But as we move closer to the ceremony it seems almost too obvious. What if a movie like MILK snuck up and took the big award. Dont be surprised if that happens.

2 comments:

  1. YOU stopped following my blog (officially) and because you were my only follower I was counting on you.

    For that reason I refuse to tell you how entertaining your post was about the digital cable converter and mother of too many babies. No one thought it was funny. Not even my roommates.

    Damn it . . . I hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete