Monday, May 19, 2008

Dudes Sharing Thongs


What if I told you I was struggling at work? What if everyone noticed that I wasnt performing up to my capabilities? What should I do? Should I re-evaluate my work, try something new, take sometime off, maybe put in some extra work? Well maybe that is what I would do. But it is not what this guy would do.
Jason Giambi is a former MVP and All-star who plays for the New York Yankees and he, like the rest of his team is in a slump. So faced with this problem he did the only reasonable thing. He is now wearing a thong with flames on the waistband in order to break out of the slump. Yup - he has decided that the underwear is going to turn it all around. No extra time in the batting cage, no review of tape to see if there is something wrong with his mechanics - just a magical slump busting thong.
I should be surprised - but I am not. Anyone who has spent time around baseball players know that they are the MOST childish and juvenile characters in sports. They think the most ridiculous immature things are funny. Don't believe me hear are some pranks that occur regularly in baseball dugouts.


1. Gum on top of cap. Player A will blow a huge bubble and then become a mini James Bond. The player will stealthy place the giant bubble on top of Player B's hat. Thats it - thats the joke.
2. Lighting someone's shoes on fire. People will light the back of people shoes on fire. The easier thing is to simply tie the shoes together.
3. Shoving a tin full of shaving cream in someone's face. Just watch the fear and paranoia on J.J. Putz's face.





No none of that surprises me. What does surprise me is the Derek Jeter shares the thong with Jason when HE is in a slump. Are you kidding me who shares thongs. Who shares thongs because they think it is going to make them better at their job. Craziness. But honestly, this is normal for baseball players.

No comments:

Post a Comment