Friday, March 7, 2008

Boarding


So if you have never woken up at 4am to catch a flight – don’t try it. It’s not fun. In a weird twist I was sped through security so instead of getting through security around 6am I was all done by 5:30am – which gave me a full hour and a half to bump around American Airlines’ terminals. I went and checked the departing flights board and it showed that my 7:05am flight would now be leaving at 8:30am. Needless to say – I was pissed. Pissed that I had woken up so early and pissed that I would have to wait 3 hours til I left. So I decided to have breakfast.
I went looking for McDonalds but only found Burger King. The Burger King breakfast is OK – but it’s no McDonalds. I will give Burger King some credit though. They double the amount of egg in their breakfast sandwiches AND they give you an adult sized orange juice. McDonalds gives you a little kid’s size orange juice with their breakfast and I am always frustrated. McDonald’s forces you to pay pout the wazzu if you want a big cup of OJ but in a weird twist of irony the cup gives you too much Orange Juice. But Burger King hooks it up with some quality OJ at just the right size and price.
So back to my gate where I find that my flight is actually on time. It seems that I happened to look at the one broken departure board in the whole terminal. 30 more minutes until boarding…

No comments:

Post a Comment