Tuesday, April 12, 2011

It Must Be Hard To Be A Woman At The Gym...

I have started going to the gym more frequently and I have noticed something. The TVs in front ot the aerboic machines are tuned to only two channels: E! and the Food Network.

It's hard enough for me as a dude to stare at Dinner, Drive-Ins and Dives without feeling like a sad sack. I can't imagine what it's like to be one of the women on the elyptical machine, bike or treadmill who are trying to be healthier and feel better about themselves. They are being forced to stare at rich fatty foods or watch one of the 13 shows on E! that feature a Playboy playmate. It's as if the managment at the gym is saying, "thanks for coming to the gym, ladies. Now who is ready to feel bad about themselves?" Dear gym, please change the channel before you give them (and me) an eating disorder.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment