Monday, August 30, 2010

Too Many Podcasts...

I am going to have to quit my job just so I can actually listen to all the podcasts I download each week. As of right now I typically download nineteen and a half hours worth of podcasts (This Week in Google, The Kevin and Bean Show, Adam Carolla Podcast, Jay and Silent Bob Get Old, Hollywood Babble-On: with Kevin Smith and Ralph Garman and The B.S. Report with Bill Simmons). The podcasts are a mixture of my interest in technology, old radio morning shows I used to listen to in LA, entertainment, and sports.

I love listening to all of these podcasts. i need to prep for my fantasy football league. BOOM! I listen to the B.S. Report to do my fantasy homework. Want to get the scoop on Google Me or learn how to use Gmail's new "priority inbox" efficiently? I have TWIG for that. As much as i love these shows there is no getting around the fact that 20 hours is a hell of a lot of content to go through in one week. I listen to it when i drive, while I get ready in the morning, for 30 minutes each night before I go to bed, when I go for walks...

I am crushed under the weight of podcasts. It's so easy to find something that you are really into and interesting personalities. I love Kevin smith but the man produces nearly eight hours of content a week! It's story-telling overload!

To make my dilemma worse, I have actually cut the number of podcasts I download down. I also used to download Meet The Press (now I just watching the online webcast) and the Parent Experiment; and no, i don't have any good explanation for why I was listening to a parenting podcast.

1 comment:

  1. This is impressive. I listen to zero podcasts. I bet my blog would be more interesting if I podcasted . . .

    ReplyDelete