Sunday, January 17, 2010

Mom, I'm Sorry...

Even though she will never see this (because she doesn't own a computer), I want to apologize to my mom. Weekend cleaning around the house was a normal part of childhood. What made it different around my home however was that my mom would always get very tired of the way the house would look. Well, because we lacked the money to buy new things to change the look of rooms she would always reorganize the way the room looked. She was never happy with the look of the room. It would trip me out that she would spend an entire Saturday moving super duper heavy furniture just to give our living a dinning room a "fresh" look.
Well, I have learned over the past six years that I am the same way. I always move furniture around trying to maximize space and to see if I can make my living space "hipper" or more "guest friendly". Its been 6 months and I have already rearranged my living room twice and completely rearranged my bedroom this weekend. At UCSB people would always make fun of me because my room never looked the same twice. In the words of Prince, "maybe I'm just like my mother/she's never satisfied."
So mom after all those years of poking fun at you for being an amateur indoor decorator, I want to say that I'm sorry and I love you. I guess we are both equally crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment