Thursday, April 23, 2009

TYSON and more...

I saw a screening of the documentary TYSON last night and, like the man, it was complex, interesting and compelling. Since I was a teenager I have drawn to Mike Tyson. I have a book were I would write down some of his quotes. I found him to be the epitome of humanity, a series of contradictions and paradoxes that even he has a difficult time understanding or resolving. Here you have a man who was dubbed "The Baddest Man on the Planet" but inside he was emotionally and physically fragile. Someone who looked like just a wild animal outside of the ring, but outside could be introspective and thoughtful about his life. Mike is someone who wants to love other people, but at the same time finds it hard to trust them. It is all these things that come through in the film. Its awesome and I recommend it to anyone. It s released in LA and NY on Friday (tomorrow).

I am winding down the end of my masters program. Just 22 days to go. I cant decide if the last two years have zipped by or dragged along. I am sure that the further away I get from it the quicker it will have seemed to have passed.

No update on the jobs other than to say I am still waiting.

I am off to see the Dali Lama tomorrow in Santa Barbara tomorrow so expect a blog about that soon.

later gators.

1 comment: