Monday, December 1, 2008

Welcome Jorge, TWILIGHT, and other musings...

I would like to thank Jorge who is the FIRST ever follower of my blog! Thanks Jorge. That actually made me feel good about myself. As for the rest of ya, please follow Jorge's lead and boost my self confidence.

So I saw this thing on Friday. Its about a high school girl who falls in love with this guy vampire who loves her back but because he has an inherent need to harm her there love can never be. It was actually very clever and well done. Think I am talking about TWILIGHT? Wrong.
I am talking about Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
No I am not necessarily a Buffy fan but I am making a point. This whole Twilight thing is not a "cultural phenomenon". It's not even a new premise. If Josh Whedon were dead he would be spinning in his grave!!! Twilight is a rehashed story that comic book nerds like me are familiar with. If you like the story - great. Just don't sit around telling me about how creating and wonderful the story is. It is not. It is old and borrowed, and not as good as the first time it was done.

THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR:
Financial Aid coming in on time
Family
The big fight between Oscar De la Hoya and Manny Pacquiao this weekend.
Fall semester almost being over

Movie recommendations: Slumdog Millionaire, MILK, Young at Heart (Rental).

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I never thought I would be happy to say I am a follower!

    Hi Taralee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yea, thanks for the welcome Frankie! Done with another semester...Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete