Sunday, February 17, 2013

I'm Surprisingly OK with the Harlem Shake.

This is a quick post but as I see and feel the backlash coming against the Harlem Shake I gotta say, 'I don't know where the haters are coming from?'

Where were these people when PSY was in our face for almost a whole year?

Plus, if we are going to have viral music artist who take over the internet I'm proud to say that this one is American!!! USA USA USA.

Also the great thing about the Harlem Shake movement is that it's only 30 seconds. In. Out. BOOM! Remember last year when everyone and their mother was doing a Call Me Maybe lip dub video? Those things were three minutes long. After 30 seconds you get the point, I don't need to watch anything longer.

Plus the Harlem Shake phenomenon leads us to explore other topics such as:
How the hell did this start?
Why isn't the Harlem Shake a limited time drink from McDonalds yet?
Why isn't Dave Chapelle getting more credit for keeping the Harlem Shake alive as a dance?

Baauer, Harlem, your shake, people with free time on your hands and the internet, you have my support.

Plus anything that gets Al Roker to do this is great in my book:




No comments:

Post a Comment