Wednesday, December 21, 2011

New Year's Resolutions...

Unlike a lot of people I know I like the idea of New Year's Resolutions. The new year is a time to reflect on the things we are thankful for and the things we wish to continue and change about our lives. Resolutions, even the ones that are hard to stick to, are ways for us to recommit ourselves to being a better person, taking better care of ourselves and those around us.

I have a many many things to be thankful for in 2011 and a lot of things I want to do in 2012. One, I want to volunteer my time more. I know that their are ways that I can contribute to making other people's lives better other than donating money. Donations are critically important to most charity and service organizations but it allows many people (myself included) to remain somewhat emotionally and intellectually detached from the issue that the organization addresses. One of my goals for the new year is to be more involved by volunteering for charity.

The other thing I would love to do starting next year is to take a photo everyday of the year. I think it would be a cool way to chronicle my year. Plus, photography is always something that has interested me.

No comments:

Post a Comment