Saturday, July 17, 2010

Pauly Shore Is Motivational...


Pauly Shore has a new movie coming out.

That's right. It's 2010 and Pauly Shore has a new movie coming out.

Yes, that Pauly Shore.

At first I was amazed and confounded. But the more I thought about it, the happier I was. The fact that in this day and age Pauly Shore can still have a movie coming out (even if it is direct to Netflix) gives me hope.

I see a lot of inspirational and uplifting stories. People who have lost limps who still compete in Iron Men and Iron Women events, cancer survivors who fight everyday, the autistic kid who fights his way onto the basketball team. Those stories and incredibly and those people should be lauded for their efforts. But at the end of it I feel bad about myself.

All I think is, "here are people was worse off than me, have all these obstacles and yet are achieving more than I can. I am a loser."

I don't have to deal with any of that when it comes to Pauly Shore. Pauly Shore is someone who has "less" but doesn't "work hard" and yet still succeeds. So why is he inspirational. Stay with me (and my low self-esteem for a second).

Puly Shore gives hope to people like me! His story gives me hope. It give me hope that maybe I can hang around long enough to have my marginal talents and abilities (coupled with a so-so work wthic) turn into moderate success. Yes, Pauly Shore is proof that with minimal talent and little work ethic, you too can some how stumble aimlessly into success. And for the average Joe, that's motivation!

No comments:

Post a Comment