Tuesday, October 21, 2008

We Need To Talk...

We've all been there. Having to break bad news. Sometimes its hard because we love the person and we don't want to hurt them. Sometimes its because we are embarrassed. Whatever the case maybe we have always been told... don't break bad news over the phone.
But no one ever said dont do it over e-mail.

At least that is the motto of inSpot, an internet based service that allows you to send e-cards to past and present lovers to let them know that you have recently been diagnosed with an STD.In the past four years nearly 50,000 of these types of e-cards have been sent. I know some people will say that this is a good way to get the news out that avoids embarrassment or awkwardness and that if people are more likely to share this type of news using this option then it will lead tomore testing and awareness... but c'mon. If you give me the clap I think I at least deserve to hear it over the phone so I can berate you!

And by the way, that is never the type of e-card you want. Usually its a birthday card or some type of invitation. Well the only thing your getting invited to hear is to get your junk checked. There is no way your day is gonna turn around after receiving that e-vite! It's bad enough I get email asking me to sign up for poor, or if I want to be "enhanced" now I can receive email tell me I have herpes.
I wonder what type of emoticon (happy face) an email like that uses? hmmm...

quote of the night:

"It seems to me that if a gun can protect something as important as a bar it's good enough to protect my family"

1 comment:

  1. It took every ounce of my honor and respectability not to send one of these to all of my friends as a joke.

    Awesome.

    ReplyDelete